In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Texturing the walls

 

Joseph did the high stuff for me; I'm not that wild about ladders.  Of course, neither is he...

We wanted to cover some of the roughness and seams; originally I had planned to add the drywall compound to the paint, but since the last time I did that I had the powder form and this time pre-mix, we decided maybe we'd take the extra step and texture the walls first! 


J. teased me about living with a 5-year-old, but I did find the best way to get the stuff into corners was with my hands!


No way in the world it's going to cover some of those seams, but hey, it's a shed!

It took longer to dry than I expected, so we had a day off, yesterday--at least off from shed work.  We did errands, I worked on the book, and we read...and then in the evening, kicked back and watched movies.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it should be nice when it dries. Anything would take a long time to dry up here lately, too. I think you needed a kick-back-watch-movies night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did! We're having thunderstorms again tonight, so we watched another one. Just turned the computers back on...too bad, too late to get any real work done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching Graham Kerr in the 70's. He had the Galloping Gourmet cooking show. He said the best tool for a lot of cooking is our hand. I've just kept that in mind ever since but really, the hand is a great tool. It's fun sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I prefer using my hand for a LOT of stuff...and usually without gloves. (There's a handprint in the texture, I wonder if it still shows under the paint!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails