In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Friday, July 16, 2010

ah ha...


I think I've figured out what this needs to stop the leak. They really are interior doors, I think Mark said. Since we have the roof overhang, they couldn't open out, they need to open in. Makes for a gap under the edge of the door, and the weatherstripping you see here on the left really doesn't seal anything. It doesn't touch the board at the bottom, at all, and the rain comes right in under the door.

We'd thought to put more weatherstripping like that on the outside, or perhaps that long, curved stuff underneath, on the bottom edge. But I think what this really needs is a stop on the outside for the doors to butt up against, and then a seal on that. That's what the small door has, molded into its aluminum sill.

SO. Just have to figure out how not to make such a big one I trip over it going out. *G*

3 comments:

  1. However, Mark says that won't work. Guess we'll try the weatherstripping on the outside and caulk and see if that does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find something that will work for you. Well, I guess I know you will figure it out. I have faith in you guys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure we will...just hoping to keep it as uncomplicated as possible. *G*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails