In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

On our own...




Last night we sat on the little deck and celebrated! It was cool and delightful after the rain, the sky faded from orange to peach to black, the snowy tree crickets and katydids serenaded us, and it felt wonderful.









The weather's been perfect since the rain last night, so I thought I'd get what I could done before it got hot.  It never did, so I just kept working till I hit the wall around 4 this afternoon!  (The desk will go right by this window.)





Joseph caught me painting, this morning; if I'd known he was going to get the camera, I'd probably have brushed my hair before starting to work!







Looks pretty, doesn't it...

12 comments:

  1. It's adorable, and I bet you just can't wait to get in there and start using it! I love the stained glass window. It's a perfect fit for the lovely setting. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Nancy! Though of course I've been using it all along. It'll be really nice to have a desk with a light, and a place for coffee or tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see what you furnish your shed with. Then it will really start looking cozy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That may be an ongoing project for a while! J. had talked about building in something for the coffee area, and we need to figure out those shelves...for now I'm going to be happy with the camp chairs, the old drafting desk of Joseph's, and a broom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly a picture-perfect setting Kate! I've always found it best to make do with make-shift for a while until one sees where one's routine takes you - the fact that you've been using it already will certainly dictate what goes where! You are so blessed with this little place of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Maree! Yes, I think that's the perfect solution, it's not like there's a deadline, now. I'll be able to work with just the drafting desk, a lamp, and a chair (actually, I worked over there with just a chair and my lap!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it looks absolutely wonderful. A magical place, Kate. It soothes me just to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly a BH&G get-away! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so nice with the light on. Very welcoming. Yep, that window looks nice all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now the portable A/C has been ordered from Amazon. Won't be shipped for a week and will probably take another week after that, but at least we know it's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You, most of all, will appreciate this link from the CNN homepage today regarding the world's smallest homes!
    http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/eco-tourism/photos/10-of-the-smallest-homes-in-the-world/a-truly-eco-abode#image

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, red, that was fun! I'll add it to our links. I was aware of some of those, but others are new to me...love the links in the article.

    And Joseph, THANK YOU. AC is going to be much appreciated, though mornings have been pretty pleasant! (OK, early mornings. Mostly. :-P)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails