In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

outside light...

This is the one I really like...hey, it's "only" $100...but the faux RevWar Colonial look ones just don't work, on the shed! (The other one we both liked-it was small and square--was less, but WHITE. Um, no.)

I don't know where I saw the $500 one...must have been made of platinum...

This one has a motion sensor, which I find I really like after a few burglaries in the neighborhood. NOT that I plan to keep anything of any worth in there, because I'm not stupid...the rehab house is fully alarmed but we won't do that on the shed. (Maybe!<;-p)

*Ooops. Joseph just looked at it's NOT a motion sensor. OK, back to square one...)



Meanwhile, here's my morning visitor! He was after mulberries right over the deck, and every time he moved he made a shower of raindrops.

8 comments:

  1. I bought one that is remarkably similar at Lowe's for about $30 - it does not have the motion detector, but I did look at their decorative security lights and they are a lot less than $100 for some really pretty options. But I do love the one that you've chosen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roadchick, we are planning to go to Lowe's and Home Depot before making a decision, thanks for the heads up! They've got LOTS of really cool porch lights for not much, but I do want that security light feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fixture! You sure do it right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I haven't yet, Paul. I'm fussing about the price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a red squirrel? Hmmmmm, he's checking out his new winter digs - and thinks you did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it is, Pam! We call them fox squirrels around here, but Joseph says back east they're just red squirrels. The squirrels DO see to approve, we have lots of them overhead. I love to watch them chase eachother...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do need to find one with a motion sensor after the troubles you guys have had. I hope you find the right one that fits with the shed and the pocketbook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm sure we will...they've got some simpler ones. Thanks, Rita!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails