In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let there be...paint!


Yesterday, when the texturing was finally dry enough, I cut in around the trim with a brush and the pale yellow paint we'd mixed up from leftovers. (J. says "good luck matching that later!"  And he's right, of course.  I'm doing a Miss Scarlett, and worrying about that tomorrow.  Or years from now...) 

I used a roller on the walls after that and it went MUCH faster.  Still really tired yesterday, though...finally got back to "bread labor" in the afternoon!

I used painters' tape around the windows and small door, but didn't worry about it on the French doors; there I had sheet plastic to protect the wood.  (Still have to do a couple of coats of spar varnish on the wood.)

You can see the floor is speckled like a Jackson Pollack painting!  That's why we left it for last; we'll sand and sweep/vacuum, then add a couple of coats of deck paint.  Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Love the color. My studio in NY house was something like this. Very soothing and inspiring. Paint a small chip of foam core or white matboard so you can have a paint sample. Now if you're like me, you'll put it in a very safe place and it will be lost forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take a piece of anything with a color on it to the paint store and they can match ANY color...something to do with a spectrometer or something techy like that. I took a piece of our extruded aluminum siding trim to the shop and they matched it perfectly. It doesn't have to be bit either.

    You just have to put it where you can find it should ever want to repaint or touch up...I keep all that kind of stuff in a file named
    home improvements. All receipts, plans, costs estimates, etc. It's one of the few areas in my life that I'm organized. If you looked at my sewing/studio, you'd think I was a liar. HA

    Hope the insulation fix works out. You're at the end of the tunnel now...daylight ahead.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll do that, and J. is saving a bit back for touch-ups, as needed. He's probably organized enough to find it again...I want to make a Shed folder with all the bills and estimates and expenditures and permits, so that could go right there.

    Pam, I seem to have a yellow thing! My bedroom is pure yellow, the living room and bathroom are "candlelight" (had some left so used it in the bathroom!), and the whole HOUSE is yellow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails