In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sometimes it's GOOD to have a precipitous drop in income...

...mine seems to go down every year. (My accountant just shakes his head.) That's the bad news.

As a freelancer, I have to pay quarterly estimated taxes, and the good news is that hooray, this year my precipitous drop means we got enough refund to pay for the shed project!




The paneling is on, though needs tweaking, of course...and one more electric box cut...


J's working on the doorknob and face plate...

9 comments:

  1. Not only did a I get a big refund this year but no quarterlies next year. Of course, I am not dwelling on WHY I had this "windfall".... My nest egg shrank considerably last year...it was some what of a shock. Drats, I did not build a shed... oh well, there is no place for it on the deck of my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have to pay state, as I remember, now, but we do federal. MUCH smaller though. And yeah, I guess there's not a lot of room on a deck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a silver lining, right? Wow! The inside walls getting finished off really make it come together! Looks wonderful! Now--just need electricity. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS good news, except for that whole making less than a third of what I was 8 years ago thing. :-(

    And thank you, Rita! I think we can go ahead and paint the inside before the electricity gets hooked up, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad for your refund! Nice way to use it, truly an investment in your future productivity and happiness! Also love the broom propped the *right* way in the corner!

    BB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, sweetie! I do think it's a good way, too...it will pay off over the years much more than a vacation which is too soon over. (Mind you I'd still like one of those, too! :-P)

    We're going to buy or make a broom hanger so it STAYS in good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that the refund was big enough to pay for the shed! And doesn't that stained glass window look stunning from the inside!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES, it was like a pure gift. (Yes, I KNOW I earned the money, but hey...I like my fantasy.) I'm very fond of how the window turned out...glad it's a relatively simple one, it's very restful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails