...well, fooey, rain today, and perhaps off and on all week.
Gave us time for a minor roadblock though! J. called the City to confirm the building permit/code situation--as noted, at the size we're putting up no need for a permit. But they said we'd have to "go through Planning and Zoning."
Um. So. Does that mean waiting for the next meeting of the board, or what? Called around and got hold of the head of Planning and Zoning...he said just to go down to City Hall for a permit. I said that the codes said if it was under 120 square feet, you didn't need a permit.
"It's under 120?"
"It's in a vacant lot?"
"Well, our side yard, anyway--we bought it when the house next door burned, years ago."
"So it's all one property?"
"Then you don't need anything," he said. I restated to confirm, but yep, we're on again--no delays!
Except, of course, for the rain. *G*
J. called 1-800-DigRite to have them come mark the utilities, and the lumberyard so they'd know Mark was picking stuff up for us, so one step closer--or is that three?