In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Nice little space...


Ten by ten IS quite small, but we plan to use the space well and keep things in scale. I might actually even stick with foldable chairs (though not THIS one, it's not comfortable) so I can have room to do yoga inside when the weather changes. The desk/drawing table is quite small and light, so I can move it against the wall if I want.

It's a delightfully cool, fresh morning, after our days of heat and humidity; this morning on the tiny deck with birdsong, leaf-whispers, my coffee and yoga (don't say it!) was a rather wonderful glimpse of things to come.

I will be glad to be finished, though...I know it's moved quickly, but still...this week should bring the steps outdoors, the doors fitted, the back window in place, insulation and interior walls. We're using thin wood underlayment meant for floors, because it's simple and inexpensive and we had several sheets on hand, left from our other projects. Mark is afraid it will be boring, but once it's painted and has shelves, etc., it will be fine. We can always add texture if we're so moved, but I don't think we will.

Feels like the start of a lovely week.

4 comments:

  1. Such a bright, comforting space. You are going to love it. Can hardly wait to see when it is finished and decorated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much you've done whilst I've been away! It looks so lovely Cathy and I think you are going to enjoy this space very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy place! I have one of those folding chairs, like your's, that I take when we go out sketching or painting. I put a cushion in the seat and it's comfortable. I tried one of those chairs with the canvas seats and I can't get up from them without help. No support.
    Are you going to have heat and air conditioning? Just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all, I can't wait either! Except, of course, I have to. :-P

    Yes, have to have heat; since it's small and insulated, that should be pretty easy. AC if we can find/afford a small portable one...I'm not at all good with hot, humid weather.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails