In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wouldn't I just love this...

A silent retreat center with tiny hermitage houses, deer, and elk, in Arizona.  Now THAT is my idea of a vacation.  Check out more photos and information on the Tiny House Blog, here:

http://tinyhouseblog.com/yourstory/arizonas-tiny-house-hermitage/




...and take a peek at the Awakening Spirits retreat center's website, here: http://www.awakeningspiritretreat.com/

Oooooh yes.  I used to go on silent retreats when there was a retreat center in the next town...it was glorious.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy. I've just discovered your blogs. I've watched some of your Strathmore watercolor videos with great interest. When I saw your retreat, I found this blog. I've enjoyed the idea of the tiny house for quite awhile. I have been a fan of Tumbleweed Tiny Houses.
    Did you have your Naturalist's cabin featured in a magazine a few years ago? I had cut out the photos of this particular cabin because I just loved it. I've kept it in a scrapbook. The title of the article was "Cathy's World". Did you have an Irish wood stove? Excuse me, please, if I'm too nosy. I will keep following your blogs, so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Susan! It was in Country Living, Harrowsmith, The Missouri Conservationist and one or two others. I do indeed have an Irish woodstove...someone tried to steal it last year till they found out that iron stoves are HEAVY!

      Delete
    2. I'm thrilled. I just love it. Now I think I'll get your book! By the way, when I commented I didn't see that it posted so I sent you a message via your Facebook page. You don't need to respond to that one. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Susan, I hope you enjoy the book. It was FUN to write.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails