In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Video setup du jour


I still wasn't getting quite enough light in the video setup I wrote about last month, in THIS post.  It was nice, and works, but I think I need photo-flood lights.


It looked like it should be light enough, but still...not quite.

Putting the camera in front of the big French doors helped...you can see the video I just shot on the Artist's Journal Workshop blog, HERE.  I'm still no Spielburg, but we're getting better...

Now all I have to do is remember #1, to turn on the camera, and #2, not to knock the tripod over. 

So far, though, the shed works great for videos, because there's no telephone and not much chance of a noisy interruption.  I don't have a red light on the door!

8 comments:

  1. Nice tripod! You'll work it all out. I love your videos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked, Rita! I may even do some on the deck this summer, depends on how much dappled shade there is. That doesn't work, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Rita, that's about a thousand years old. It was my dad's, back when he used to do photography a lot--before I was even around! He had a darkroom and everything. I treasure it, of course, though it won't hold its little head up any more. Good thing that's the right angle for shooting a demo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's so nice that the tripod was your dad's. Makes it even more special. All those little things help us to feel the love. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, Rita! Wish he could have seen the shed...or our old cabin, either, he would have LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much light is needed not just for video taping but for us to see well as we age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The video is very clear on my monitor, Kate. Those French doors seem to be the answer.

    But light is a strange business. Years ago I used a fast speed black and white film to take 8mm pictures of my baby daughter in natural light(hated the glare of flash on a baby). As she toddled around the room, she was in shadow... in brilliant glare... in just right light... Within a foot, the light changed dramatically.
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found that to be true when I did a video inside the shed, too, Annie...the camera had to try to compensate, and sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, depending on where I pointed it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails