In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Video setup


So far, this is the best setup for shooting how-to videos I've come up with at the shed (or anyplace else!)  Two lamps, one of them with both incandescent and fluorescent, one shop light, and the little lamp pointed at a sheet  of styrofoam for bounced, indirect light.  It's STILL darker than I'd like, but so far so good.

My ancient tripod helps, but of course getting it located so the camera is sort of over my shoulder so it can catch my hands drawing or whatever is a tad awkward.  Better than the desktop tripod I WAS using, of course!


So far the FlipVideo works best.  As you can see, space is tight--big shock in a 10 x 10 space full of other stuff, eh??


And this morning's lovely cold post-blizzard sunrise...we were out there shortly after that, drinking coffee and working!  Yes, the floor is still cold.  Oh well.  By NEXT winter, we'll have that solved, one way or another!

6 comments:

  1. Cool! My room is my sanctuary, sort of art jungle room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed watching people draw or paint. I have no talent in that direction and it makes me appreciate other's work all the more. Please post a video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun, isn't it! You can see a lot of them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/KateJosTube

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I looked at a few videos. Thanks for sending me there. I admire your work even more now. I wish I had learned drawing when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's never too late! A lot of my students are retired and getting back to drawing when they have time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails