In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow days


The sky was a beautiful warm peach this morning, and the sun hadn't yet cleared the East hill beyond the shed...the snow still looked blue and cold.  And well it might, it was 10 degrees when I went out to take photos, and had been colder still.


Enough warmth escapes through the roof to soften the snow and make it slide down the smooth metal.  The icicles curved oddly, and I had to get a photo!


We got about 8" of snow; I wanted to get out to the alley and get a shot of the shed before it got too tracked up.  Those are mostly my footprints and the neighborhood cats, along with a few hungry squirrels digging beneath the snow for their buried provisions.

And sure enough, the bowl of water on the floor inside had a rime of ice on it...

3 comments:

  1. Kate: The pics are very nice, but I'm glad we don't have snow all winter. We did have a nice snowfall a week or so ago, big flakes, and best of all: it didn't stick to the ground.

    I have lost Fred's flikr name with the switch from PC to MAC and new ISP provider. If you could send to private email: lvjesse @ yahoo.com
    (remove all spaces, the first letter is lower case "L" not "I") Thanks a heap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so pretty! Well, the icicles look a little funny as they are slowly sliding off the roof. ;) But it does look pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snow, but also very glad I can mostly stay home and work from here! BAD driving yesterday, I hear. And yes, I'll get Fred's address off to you!

    Rita, thanks! Aren't those odd icicles?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails