In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Monday, November 1, 2010

The shed and nature

This is the feeder I mentioned in THIS POST--and it's working!  We had our first visitors a day or two after I put that up...and now there have been cardinals, chickadees, nuthatches and titmice in addition to this little sparrow.



I like it that it's working to do artwork out there, too...NICE.

Susan and her just-past-toddler daughter Birgitte (who is my fairy godchild) came for a visit yesterday...Susan's a good friend who does wonderful, quirky decorating.  She and her mom Jytte used to own Scandinavian Country in our town, and I'd thought of her often while working on the shed.  No big surprise, she loved it!

Birgitte loves to collect rocks and feathers and weeds, so I let her pick a rock from my path for a keepsake...

4 comments:

  1. Watching the various birds (and occasional squirrel) at a bird feeder is such a relaxing way to while away some time. Ahhh! Glad your little feathered friends found it right away. Wonder how long it will take the furry friends to find a way to reach it? hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rita! I'm loving the annual squirrel races through the trees--they seem to get SO active right now, lots of chasing and leaping. I'm going to compile a new page for this blog entitled "Nature and the Shed," since it's so much a part of the experience.

    We're hoping to get a platform feeder up soon, will no doubt please the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to be able to see the birds up so close. I bet my cat would love to watch them. At my house, the bowl of dog's water on the porch brings a lot of birds. Not that we want them there though as they are making a mess of our porch and we can't really watch them there anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet! I've asked myself how close I want the squirrels, really, since they CHEWED on our old cabin, a lot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails