In case you were wondering...

In case you were wondering...

This blog exists to encourage all those who have ever wanted--and needed!--a tiny getaway close to home. A workshop, playhouse, garden shed, sanctuary, mini-greenhouse, studio, home office; whatever it is you need, it IS doable, with some sacrifice, imagination, and compromise.

It helps if you're handy, too.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The other shed...

I don't have one of these at the Shed of Reality, it's just a few steps to my own back door and a nice warm bathroom, but I lived with an outhouse for 7 years on our farm, and we have one at our old cabin where running a water or sewer line was not an option.




We've had vandals, wildlife, falling tree limbs and more in the 20+ years since I built this little backhouse--it just recently got a new roof, and Joseph seems to have solved the wildlife problem...


Sometimes a shed needs a shed, too...

So it was fun to run across this link on the Shedworking blog!  http://www.shedworking.co.uk/search/label/Thursday%20Outhouses

2 comments:

  1. I miss the stories about your old cabin; it's what inspired me to have my own cabin built. (Also no running water or electricity, and about 100 miles from my back door.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could get there more often, Paul! Waiting for the ground to firm up--and again grateful it's close enough that it's not a HUGE deal when conditions are right. I'd originally thought to build in the Ozarks, but we'd get there only a few times a year. I love that old cabin too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails